So…I was way behind on Advent (yet again…see last year’s post: Advent Fail)
But…I decided that it’s better to do something late then to not do it at all.
So many times I have these great plans to do something, and if I don’t do it right away then I just give up completely…and that’s just silly.
So if you’re like me and haven’t done anything for advent yet…just start now! Who cares!
This is seriously all I’m doing for advent this year…a little “Advent Chain”.
I cut scrap pieces of paper for the remaining days of advent and they have little tasks on them for me and my daughter to do.
Once they are completed, they get stapled to the chain and will eventually make a nice little garland.
You can even copy any of these tasks…because I honestly copied them from other people too!
- Pray that Christmas is all about Jesus
- Write a random encouraging note and leave it for someone to find
- Paint Christmas nails
- Make snowflakes
- Invite someone over for dinner
- Make a Christmas treat and share with friends
- Make Christmas cards for your grandparents
- Color a Christmas picture
- Tell the nativity story with toys and stuffed animals
- Have a picnic by the Christmas tree
- Volunteer your time for someone in some way
- Remind someone how much you love them
- Dance to Christmas music
- Wear a Christmas sweater
- Smile at everyone you see today
- Make snowman pancakes
- Make a Christmas gift for someone random
- Thank God for giving us Jesus